Saturday, January 31, 2009

Caffeine Consumption Advisory

It feels like forever ago I've had a moment to breathe and it's not looking like it's going to let up anytime soon.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this last week I served the french gourmet dinner from 3 or 4-10pm every night. It involved wearing nice black pants and non-slip shoes, button up white shirt, vest and corresponding bow tie. THAT is why I felt like a penguin people! It was fun to meet a lot of the other culinary students but it was a lot of work and very tiring. Friday was awful. I worked from 6:30-2:30 and then had the gourmet dinner from 4-10:30 and got to come home, sleep, and then wake up at 6:30 to go to work for a lovely 13 hour shift. Yeah.....FUN! My feet, calves, thighs, arms, shoulders, neck, and back are throbbing with pain as all of these hours are spent standing up. I almost passed out friday night waiting for the guests to arrive. 16 hours in one day to be on your feet is noooo fun....lemme tell ya.
Thankfully tomorrow we close early so I don't have to work another 12 hour shift and instead I get to leave early, go get ready, and go to a work Superbowl party! I'm really looking forward to it- but I'm just trying to figure out when I can do my homework before Monday 8 am rolls around...

Word to the wise- it is not recommeded to consume the following items within one shift. I can attest to a HUGE increase in heart rate:
-1 hot chocolate with caramel marshmallows
-1 cafe mocha
-1 dr. pepper
-1 Bawls energy drink

No comments: