Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things are looking up





The pictures here on the right are of the two dishes I did today for lab. The LEFT is an apple-pineapple slaw and the RIGHT is a cardinal pear salad with cherry gelatin that wouldn't cooperate at all.

This morning did not start out well. I got to Sanitation and Safety lecture 1 minute late and missed a pop quiz that was worth 100 points. Then I had 2 hours of down time so I went to the computer lab and checked facebook + did my mise en place sheets for class. Then went to Food Prep lab were we did the above items, chowed down, and cleaned up. Then I had another 2 hours to kill before my next class started (hence the study-pic) so a friend and I went to the library and did some of our homework (amongst Culvers vs. Bbops arguments). Then I went to Nutrition, my final class of the day and it was hard to stay awake.

The other picture posted is of some cupcakes I made at work the other day. It took some time to perfect, but I finally got it down and I'm so proud of them :-)

Soooo, that was my day. But things around here are looking up. At least for the time being. We've been having 60 degree weather, which has caused a few to whip out the shorts. The sun has been out. I'm making friends. And I'm starting to get on top of my homework (finally). We'll see how long this lasts.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cupcakes look beautiful and delicious!